Alex Day is an English Indie music artist who is a YouTube
celebrity. He currently lives in London with his house mate Charlie McDonnell
who is one of the first YouTube celebrities. I believe that he is reliable the
only problem is he is the only artist/band that I know, and I do not even know
him personally. He has a Twitter account and a website so we will have to see
what happens.
Here is an email that I have sent him:
Hello. I understand that the subject title of this email is
vague so I'll explain myself. My name is Roan Darcy Fryer and I am currently
studying A level film and media studies at City College Norwich. There is a
unit in the media A level which requires me to make a music video and I would
like you to star in it.
Now I am sure that you have a lot of questions and I will
answer them to the best of my ability. Here are a few I thought up:
"Which Norwich?
How far away is that?" City College Norwich is based in the Norfolk
city of Norwich, England. It is accessible by train from London with about a
three hour ride time.
"How and what am
I being paid?" That is the problem, I can't pay you. It is OK however
as I have planned for a no from you to being in this video because I have been
expecting a no. I am not expecting you to do anything if you don't want to and
I understand that money is key.
"What will I need
to do?" That is a good question which I cannot answer. I am still at
the stage of finding a musician/band who will work for nothing. However if you
were available I would simply ask you to dance and sing in a similar fashion to
your 'She Walks Right Through Me' video.
"Where would I
stay and for how long?" Well once again I do not know. I only include
these questions so that you have piece of mind in your decision.
"If you don't
know the answer to your own question, why did you bother emailing me?"
I have emailed you as proof to my teacher that I am looking for artists/bands.
You see this email will be put on a blog and left until June where it will be
evaluated and marked.
I hope that you do not see this email as a waste of your
time but for me it is vital. In fact thank you for reading this far. And thank
you for helping me with my coursework just for glancing at this email. As I
said before I don't want you to do anything that you don't want to do and I
understand the fact that I cannot pay you. But thank you either way.
Lots of luck for the future and keeping making videos, you
are an inspiration. Roan Darcy Fryer.
No comments:
Post a Comment